Some people clean the junk out of their attic. I'm cleaning the junk out of my trunk.

Monday, July 4, 2011

Weekly Construction Update

Week Ending Monday, June 27

My weigh-in this week did not go as well as I had hoped.  I gained 1.2 pounds, leading me to an overall loss of 9.4 pounds.  Though I was a bit disappointed by this, I do think I may have weighed in a little higher than I should have.  First, when I weighed myself at home in the morning, I had lost 0.6 pounds.  Second, I had a later lunch than usual before my 7pm weigh-in.  Third, my outfit was heavier than what I typically wear to a weigh-in.

I know that sounds like a big bunch of excuses, and while I do think my weigh-in was slightly high, there was good reason for me to not have lost weight this week.  I went home to Boston for the weekend, where I didn't have much control over my food, not to mention the BBQ we had for my sister's birthday.  I think I did a good job of indulging slightly without going totally crazy, but it was a hard weekend for me to stay within my points.

This week I have been making more of an effort to earn activity points, as I knew that going into the 4th of July, there would be plenty of drinking and eating.  I've done some bike riding, gardening, and yoga.  Today I went on a lovely ride down the West Side Highway, only to discover when I got home that I had somehow broken my bike seat.  This means I will be heading over to ModSquad Cycles for my 3rd bike fix in the last month!  They are making a lot of money of my new found biking habit.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised given my bike was purchased in 1994.

Busted Bike Seat! And I was just at the bike shop on Saturday!

Despite the holiday I am expecting to see some sort of loss at my weigh-in tomorrow, which will put me one step closer to my reward of a new bike, which it seems I desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment