Some people clean the junk out of their attic. I'm cleaning the junk out of my trunk.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Weekly Construction Update

Week Ending Monday April 4*

I had a bit of a rough weekend Weight Watchers-wise.  I went out for drinks with friends on Friday night and we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner after, which was probably not the best idea since at that point I had consumed 4 beers.  At the restaurant, I thought I was ordering really well by ordering a margherita pizza and a mixed seafood appetizer.  Stupidly, however, I didn't realize the "frito" in the in name of the mixed seafood appetizer meant "fried", which resulted in my fiance mercilessly mocking me for the rest of the weekend (thanks, honey!).  I tried to not eat too much of the appetizer, but I was starving, so I did have some.  That, plus the beers, plus the pizza, put me over my points for the week by 9 points.  Given that I went over in my points, I was very happy at my meeting when I lost 0.6 pounds, leading my total weight loss to 5 pounds.  

The big thing that helped me even though I had a close encounter with fried calamari was that I worked out 5 days last week earning 26 APs.  I ran in Central Park twice, ran around my neighborhood once, and did Vinyasa yoga twice.  Also, I continued my recent habit of cooking a large dish on the weekend  - I made Weight Watchers' Layered Mexican Chicken casserole, which was really tasty (even my fiance loved it!), and fed me for the week.

The one thing I wish I had done differently is I wish I had had dinner before I went out Friday night, since I could have had a slice of the Layered Mexican Chicken and some salad and it would have only cost me 7 points instead of the 19 points I ended up using.

*Tuesday is my weigh-in day, so that is why this recaps the week ending Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should change your blog name to Frito Bandito.

    ReplyDelete