Some people clean the junk out of their attic. I'm cleaning the junk out of my trunk.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekly Construction Update

Week Ending Monday April 18

I was doing quite well last week until a dinner Monday night pushed me over my points for the week by 16 points.  However, I still managed to lose 0.2 pounds.  

I planned my week very well for my big night out on Saturday night for my friend's birthday.  I even managed not to go too crazy Saturday night by balancing all the wine I drank with good food choices including oysters and grilled fish.  However, Monday night was my downfall for a few reasons.  First, I totally forgot that I was going out to dinner Monday night and hadn't really put any points aside for it.  Second, once I got to dinner I let myself get talked into eating family style and sharing a bunch of unhealthy dishes instead of ordering the healthy dish I had previously picked out for myself when I checked out the menu online.

My Weight Watchers meeting leader always says that when we think everyone is judging us by what we choose to eat, we're just creating drama that's not really there.  In this situation, I felt like I would have been letting everyone down by not joining them in sharing food.  And maybe they would have been a little disappointed if I had said no, but at the end of the day I ended up letting myself down and I doubt they really cared that much.  I have a hard time making myself a priority, but I need to remember that I'm much nicer to be around when I feel good about myself.  Taking care of yourself was a Weight Watchers meeting discussion topic a few weeks ago, so I should probably revisit the handout they gave that week.

Regardless, I'm still happy to have lost last week, and since I tend to lose in an every-other-week pattern, I wasn't expecting much anyway.  Other things that went well last week:

  • I worked out 4 days last week, earning 19 activity points.  I wish I had earned a few more APs but a few days when I planned to go running it was raining so I ended up dusting off my Wii exercise games.  I played Wii Fit and Dance Dance Revolution.  They're fun to do, especially when I'm really not feeling like working out, as it's a little easier to motivate to play a game. But they do tend to be a little low on the activity point spectrum.
  • I kept up my habit of cooking one large dish a week, this week cooking Weight Watchers' Polenta and Eggplant Stacks, which I will write another post about later.
Unfortunately, this week is not going as well as the last few weeks.  Work has been super intense lately and I've been simultaneously too tired to work out but stressed enough that I've been enjoying quite a few beers.  I'm trying to not be too hard on myself as I am exhausted.  However, I have to get my game face back on next week.

My goals for the coming week are to:
  • Get back to going to yoga most days.
  • Refocus on my eating and make sure I only indulge if it's a night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment